When I was a child ,in my leisure time I  to read children's magazines and story books . I was so keen of reading that it was an easy task for me to complete whole magazine in few hours . Rest of time I spent playing in street with other children, listening stories from elders and watching anak wala jin , tot ba tot  and cartoons only for 15 minutes .
But now in today's world computerized generation is not doing what I did . I have seen, most of children don't take interest in reading stuff other than course books . They consider it boring listening stories from parents and spending time with elders . Out door activities and meeting with relatives is also loosing value in their eyes.
Off course one  of the main reason behind this ,is growing technology. Animated movies , video games , cartoons , social media and play lands have fanned like a fire .
 Good impact of  IT on our lives is undeniable and it has become trend also because everyone is adopting this way of life without thinking that this is taking us towards social destruction.
My question is if your child most of  time would watch cartoons, play video games and spend remaining time on social media doing nothing but only chatting with anonymous people then from where he or she would get that real patriotism, love and passion for country , sense of respect for believes ,values and culture , knowledge of religion and especially who will teach him or her manners and principles of leading beneficial life .
Think about it ! That whether you want your child to become a machine without feelings or a contented , confident and efficacious individual of society. And if you don't care about it that what kind of individuals you are providing to this society then please don't complain about all the social diseases which are embracing US firmly with time .

(Zainab Malik )

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.